- • We want you to know what information we collect, and why we ask you for certain information.
- • We want you to understand what we do with the information you collect.
- • We want you to understand what your options are regarding our collecting of information.
- • We use recognized safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized access or use.
- • When you visit our home page, our web server queries your web browser about whether it supports animation; the result of this query is saved in a cookie, which allows our web site to display animations elsewhere in the web site automatically (or prevents their display if your browser can’t support them).
- • If you fill-out forms on our web site, sometimes we temporarily save certain settings so that other forms on the web site can be automatically filled-in for you.
- • You may indicate preferences regarding your browsing experience (such as a desire to skip intro animations on future visits). Such preferences are stored in cookies.
In most cases, cookies used by our web site expire and will be deleted automatically by your web browser at the end of your browsing session. In order for you to take advantage of certain specific services we offer, we may require you to accept cookies placed by a third party supporting activities on our behalf. These cookies, when employed, are used only to provide services you explicitly request.
Aside from cookies, we may ask you to provide information from time to time, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and so on. We ask for this information and use it only to provide you with the services you request from us. For example, if you wish to receive a catalog in the mail, we require your name and mailing address so that we can send the materials you request.
In many cases, we ask you for your e-mail address in conjunction with online inquiries and requests that you may make of us. Our primary use for this information is to communicate with you by e-mail in the event we have questions related to your inquiry or request. We reserve the right to use your e-mail address in the future to send information that we believe might be of interest to you. By providing your e-mail address to us, you consent to the use of your e-mail address in this fashion.
Automated mailings we may send will include clear instructions on how to remove your name from future mailings.
Finally, like virtually all web servers, our web server logs activities on our web site. This is done to perform statistical analysis on overall usage, usage of specific features of our site, and other aggregated information such as which web browser software our customers are using.
Use of Collected Information
The information we collect is used only to provide you with the services you ask us to provide, and to solicit or transact business with you.
Neither we, nor the vendors we hire to assist us in providing goods and services, will sell, rent, or otherwise release any information about Roth Jewelers customers to other parties.
The only circumstance under which we may release personal information is in the event that we are legally compelled to do so, through a court order, subpoena, or a similar request as provided under federal, state or local laws.
If you are concerned about our collection of information on our web site, then you are always welcome to transact business with us or make requests by telephone, or in-person at our retail store, rather than provide any information online. Providing any personal information of any kind online is entirely optional, and is not a requirement for doing business with us.
If you choose to provide information to us online, and later wish to have that information removed from our databases or other lists, you may contact us in writing to make that request. We will make every effort to comply with your request in a timely manner.
Safeguards and Protection of Information
We use, and will continue to use, industry-recognized safeguards to protect the personal information that you have provided to us from loss and unauthorized access or modification, including secure sockets layer (SSL) encrypted connections, ICSA-certified firewalls, as well as other measures.
We protect personal information stored on our web site’s servers from unauthorized access using commercially available computer security products, as well as various procedures and practices that we develop.
Right to Update Policy